Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Thank You for Your Friendship with Awash with Flowers (Sketch Challenge 289)

I made this card as part of a sketch challenge. CLICK HERE to go to the original sketch. Anyway, I rarely do challenges, but I had one heck of a day and needed some inspiration. This card uses the Awash with Flowers stamp set from Stampin' Up! The sentiment is from the Stampin' Up! set Upsy Daisy. I also used a bargello background. Bargello is a type of needlepoint embroidery consisting of upright flat stitches laid in a mathematical pattern to create motifs. The name originates from a series of chairs found in the Bargello palace in Florence, which have a "flame stitch" pattern (Thanks Wikipedia!). Anyway, I typically don't like cards with a lot of straight edges, and the layout of this card is a bit out of my comfort zone; however, I am really happy with how this card turned out.

1 comment:

  1. It is a very lovely card, it is good to go outside your comfort zone every once in awhile.

    ReplyDelete